Units & Goals
Grade 7 Math
In Math 7, instructional time should focus on three areas: (1) developing understanding of and applying proportional relationships; (2) developing understanding of operations with rational numbers and working with expressions and linear equations; and (3) drawing inferences about populations based on samples. Please note that while every standard/topic in the grade level has not been included in this overview, all standards should be included in instruction.
1. Use Positive Rational Numbers
2. Analyze and Use Proportional Relationships
3. Analyze and Solve Percent Problems
4. Generate Equivalent Expressions
5. Solve Problems Using Equations & Inequalities
6. Use Sampling to Draw Inferences About Population
8. Solve Problems Involving Geometry
ALGEBRA 1: 1- SOLVING EQUATIONS AND INEQUALITIES
ALGEBRA 1: 2- LINEAR EQUATIONS
Grade 7 Science
The focus of this course is understanding important biological relationships, processes, and mechanisms, and the application of biological concepts. Major course topics include: ecology; cell biology; cell biochemistry; the maintenance of homeostasis in animals and plants; human anatomy and physiology; genetics; and evolution.
1. The Chemistry of Living Things
2. Energy and Life